Every element of your engine kit is important.
The choice of the electric bike battery that will be used to power your motorization kit is decisive, because it is it that will deliver the energy necessary for the optimal functioning of your assembly.
It will therefore be essential to opt for quality components, compatible with each other and in line with your expectations in terms of performance.
Choosing and maintaining your battery requires a certain amount of essential technical knowledge, otherwise many assemblies are doomed to failure or malfunctions.
So you will have to ask yourself:
– on the chemical constituents of your battery
– on its power required to operate the chosen motor and controller with the desired autonomy
– its shape and weight depending on where you intend to position it, etc.
You will also need to consider:
– the maintenance of the latter
– how it will be charged and how often
– how to use and store it according to the seasons, etc.
A poorly stored battery can, in addition, experience balancing problems and see its performance drop or generate insufficient power to operate your kit.
We have chosen not to market batteries ourselves, because as you will have understood, it requires a technicality that only a manufacturer can hold.
It is essential to ensure that the power of the battery that will power your kit is sufficient.
Make sure, imperatively, with your seller, that the chosen battery is adapted and able to power your motorization kit as you have configured it
the continuous discharge power in Ampere of the battery must be at least equivalent to that of the controller present in your kit.
- with the accessory pack 35TLD available in our configurator
the controller present is a 35A (35 Amps) so the continuous discharge capacity of the battery should be at least 35A.
Read our articles about batteries on our blog